Donnerstag, 6. September 2012

Serenity

(I've been asked to write some lyrics for a very promising progressive rock/metal band and this is the outcome for the first song. I realize that the approach to writing lyrics is very different writing "normal" poetry in terms of structure, rhythm, topics etc. Hope you enjoy it - maybe the entire song will be recorded some day. - R.)

My ever dying demons / hovering behind
The trees to lure me back / into the mists of my mind
Taunting disbelief / lurking in their eyes
No belated miracles / no victorious cries

I ride across the heavens and gallop through the gates
I silence all the voices that whisper it’s too late
I sing along with thunder and bolt into the sea
At the bottom, there’s no air that keeps on drowning me

Humming songs of triumph / in my soul tonight
A myriad of sparks / outshines the lunar light

On nocturnal pastures / I feel the healing sleet
Wash away the cracks / in the mire on my feet
In the cloudless sky / no more birds of prey
Zephyrs gliding on my skin / carry all the thorns away

Still a sense of triumph / resonates in me
As I stand here breathing / in serenity

Effervescent soul
In serenity

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen