Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012

Marooned

(some more lyrics for the as yet unnamed band I'm writing for. This is a song of about eight and a half minutes and it's about a guy marooned on an island, feeling desperate because he was left by a woman. He can't leave the island until he has learnt - to cut a long story short - not to substitute lack of personality with relationships. Before the last six lines come in, there is a two minutes instrumental section so the break in setting and mood isn't actually that striking.)


A lightning in my eyes / A twitch inside my hand
Sickening sensations / A sudden strip of sand
Tangled up in tang / My life is washed ashore
These are not the riverbanks / That I was steering for
Stripped of all my sanity / Struggling to stand
Breathing and marooned / On godforsaken land
Salt in my saliva / I stumble to the trees
The heavens keep on shaking / (Shake) me down upon my knees

In this dreamless, hopeless night
A graceful spectral light
Can you hold me now I’m wrecked?
Can you help me to connect?
I must know why she was taken
(And) I need answers to awaken
The will to breathe once more
Give me someone to adore

Following the sirens / Groping in the silence
Tiptoeing through fire and / Screaming
As I keep on falling / I hear echoes calling
Me to give it all a / Meaning

Spirit, guide me deep into / the chasms of my soul
Help me, heal me and / Spirit, make me whole
Spirit, with your guidance / I stumble to my past
A distant silhouette / Spirit, her at last –

The contours of my once beloved / Motionless and carved in stone
I fall down at the sacred socket / Dejected and alone
Gazing up and hoping for / A repentant and benign
Look upon her past / I see her face is mine

Sunshine in my nostrils / Seagulls – above ground
I open up my eyes / And hear the rushing sound
Of the waves that carry / my lonely raft back home
Of the winds that blow / that guide me through the foam

I’ve cast away dependence / And broken all the spells
I have become much more / Than just somebody else

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen